Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Learning from Joe Bussink

One of the well known wedding and portrait photographers from California came by to speak to a few of us East Coast photographers about his style, the wedding industry and shooting film.
He had some great words of wisdom concerning technique and showed us some of his famous work. I really enjoyed some of his comments about being a second shooter on his own assignments to allow him the freedom to seek those amazing shots without others pulling him away to get the tradition images.
A man after my own heart, Joe spoke of his charity work and giving back. I like to hear others who do this because it is one of the cornerstones of my work. Joe has been influential in my style and it was a great opportunity to discuss the emerging styles for wedding and portrait photography.

No comments: