Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Clifford Brown Jazz Festival

My boys enjoy music so my wife suggested we make a family outing downtown at the jazz festival.  There was great food and music.  Because of the likelihood of rain, I left my camera in the car.  However, after sitting for a while watching my boys having fun, I had to get my gear and a blanket for us to share.
I only had the 50mm f/1.4 lens, but this workhorse can get the job done, flash or no flash.  I cranked up the ISO and caught the moments.  Soon it began to rain and we opened our umbrellas.  The large golf umbrella served as a mini tent as my oldest son let rain drops roll down the back of his hand.
It wasn't long before the boys had to burn off some of the funnel cake energy and played in the rain drops.  My youngest let the light rain sprinkle his face.
Little moments like these are what I like.  My oldest took a picture or two of me.  However, the funnel cake sugar didn't allow him to keep a steady hand and the shots were left on the editing floor.

No comments: